The Chula Vista Genealogical Society events for December 2007 include:
** Monday, December 10, 11 AM to 2 PM, at the Chula Vista South Branch Library (389 Orange Avenue, in Conference Room B):
* This will be our annual Holiday Luncheon (food service starts at 11:30 AM). Turkey and ham entrees, and beverages, will be provided by the Society. Potluck items should be brought according to last name:
A to H: Entree accompaniments
I to P: Salads
Q to Z: Desserts
Please contact Susi (619-690-1188) to coordinate potluck items.
* We will have a Christmas gift exchange by opportunity drawing. Bring wrapped gifts (up to $10 value) for the drawing.
* There will be a door prize drawing.
* Please bring groceries or unwrapped toys (infant to teenager) for donations ot the Salvation Army.
* There will be member sharing about "Best Genealogy Stories, Trips & Finds of the Year"
We look forward to seeing all of our members at this gala event.
** There will be no CVGS Computer Group in December.
** There will be no CVGS Research Group in December.
On Monday morning (10 AM to noon) - December 3 at the Civic Center Branch library - Dearl Glenn and probably John Finch will be at the table by the Family Research section of the Chula Vista Civic Center Library ready to help people with their research, discuss a problem or success, or just tell stories.
The Chula Vista Civic Center Branch Library will be closed from Monday, December 10 to Sunday, January 6 for refurbishment. The library hours may change and might affect CVGS Program and meeting days and times in January. We will post dates and times in early January.
We welcome guests and visitors to our CVGS programs and events - if you are in the Chula Vista area and want to attend our events - please come and introduce yourselves. If you have questions, please email Randy at rjseaver(at)cox.net or phone 619-422-3397.
Post a Comment