Monday, November 16, 2009

The Genealogy Cafe is open again...

Avid readers (thank you!) and followers (all five of you?) probably noted that there haven't been any posts of the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe since 2 November. Believe me, I tried!

Our favorite blog host, Blogger, somehow thought that the Cafe was a spam blog, meaning that we re-publish blog posts from other sites without attribution. As a consequence, they put the blog in "blogger limbo" until they could check it out. It disappeared sometime between 3 November and 9 November when I tried to post something. I complained through the official Blogger Help system (it does work, but sometimes slowly) and was notified on 14 November that it was being returned to "Blogger heaven" and it was on 16 November.

Thinking about the possible reasons that it could be considered a spam blog, I realized that I have been publishing some posts on this blog and also on my personal genealogy blog, http://www.geneamusings.com/, for quite awhile. I may stop posting the complete CVGS meeting material on my personal blog and see what happens. Or, I'll just change the text enough that it won't be a complete copy of what I post here.

Anyway, we're back, and I will post material shortly!

No comments: